**IS 5 School Uniform Polo “Kick-off”**
To Parents/Guardians of our IS 5 Students,
During the 2018-2019 school year, parents and guardians, as well as our School Leadership Team, voted to begin our IS 5 Uniform Roll Out for this school year. Today we have provided your child with their first IS 5 polo free of charge to begin this school initiative. Beginning October 2, 2019, all students are to wear their Community polo shirts and uniform for the duration of the school year.
As a school community, we have shared the following with the students and families regarding the uniform policy:
- The school uniform is to be worn on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, as well as on any school trips (unless otherwise noted).
- School Uniform Polos are not to be altered in anyway (Frayed, cut sleeves, written on, etc.)
- Uniforms are to be worn upon entry into the building
- The school uniform consists of the community polo and a bottom. Bottoms are at the parent’s discretion. Types of bottoms can include: Leggings, jeans, Khakis, skirts in one of the following colors (Khaki tan, black, navy or dark denim) Uniform bottoms will not be sold by the school.
- Tuesday is designated as “Tuesday Choose-Day” where students can wear any IS 5 gear of their choice, including their uniform polo.
- Uniforms are a way to bring our large school community together, as well as, to ensure the safety of our building through a visible means of identifying students. It is important that the uniform policy, reviewed and voted upon by SLT, be followed to support both imperatives.
Additional polo shirts can be purchased for $10 each, in the form of a Money Order, made payable to IS 5, beginning Monday, September 23, 2019. Attached you will find an order form for your convenience. Please be sure to clearly identify the child’s full name, class, community and size.
We are looking forward to celebrating our school unity and spirit through this new endeavor for our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Christina Koenig, AP at 718-205-6788.
Kelly Nepogoda Christina Koenig
Principal Assistant Principal